fkaCS Consultants can support your cultural competency. Culture is not just about ethnicity or race; it is also about the diversity of family lifestyles, structures and ways of being.
As described in the EYLF, building cultural competence is an ongoing process that requires early childhood professionals to:
- Be aware of personal culture, values and beliefs
- Acknowledge both similarities and differences
- Have positive attitudes to differences
- Gain knowledge of different cultural practices and perspectives
- Develop cross-cultural communication skills
- Understand that culture relates to many things.
fkaCS Consultants support educators to think critically about these elements, to translate them into everyday practice and build capacity to:
- Respect and support each child’s cultural identity
- Ensure that the children’s cultural background is incorporated into the program
- Understand current knowledge of language development in order to create an environment which supports natural language learning and interaction
- Establish a supportive environment which affirms children’s right to use languages other than English
- Assist parents to understand the value of multilingualism.
Please contact an fkaCS Consultant to discuss how we can support you:
03 9428 4471 | firstname.lastname@example.org