Metro Workshop: Engaging Newly Arrived and Multilingual Children and Families
fkaCS Professional Learning Metro Workshop
Session Date and Time:
18.10.2018 – 18.10.2018
Thursday, 9:30am - 12:30pm
City of Melbourne Multicultural Hub
506 Elizabeth Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Victorian State Funded Kindergartens:
$49.50 (fkaCS Member) | $55.00 (Non-Member)
Other ECEC Services:
$85.50 (fkaCS Member) | $95.00 (Non-Member)
For more information contact:
email@example.com | 03 9428 4471
ECEC Services who are fkaCS Members receive discounts on tickets for this workshop and other professional development/training opportunities throughout the year. Become a member today by clicking the membership tab at the top of the page.
What can we do to support stronger engagement and connection to our early learning communities for these children and families?
Community consultations indicate that multilingual and newly arrived families consistently underutilise early childhood services.
This professional learning session is designed to:
- Identify the factors that build strong connections with culturally and linguistically diverse families.
- Reflect on how services environments, cultures, practices, policies and philosophies “speak to” children and families.
- Determine approaches to curriculum design and pedagogy and practice that supports a sense of belonging for children and families.
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST)
- 1.3 Learners with divers linguistic, cultural, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds
- 3.7 Engage parents / carers in the educative process
- 4.1 Support participation of learners
- 6.2 Engage in professional learning and improve practice
- 7.3 Engage with parents / carers
National Quality Standards
Book a seat
- QA1: Educational program and practice
- QA6: Collaborative Partnerships with Families and Communities
- QA5: Relationships with children
- QA7: Governance and Leadership