2018-05-21 13:04:16

Request Bicultural Support


Fee-for-Service Bicultural Support

Contact an fkaCS Consultant via phone to discuss your support needs and request a quote. Support options include Bicultural Support Consultancy, Bilingual Worker visits to your service as well as phone support, targeted strategies and resources.  


Australian Government Funded Children’s Services

Your service may be eligible for Australian Government funding towards the cost of Bicultural Support through the Inclusion Support Programme. Please contact the Victorian Inclusion Agency to find out more 1800 177 017.  


Victorian Government Funded Children’s Services (state funded Kindergarten programs) 

The Department of Education and Training (the Department) contracts FKA Children’s Services (fkaCS) to support children and families of culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds attending state-funded Victorian kindergarten programs to best engage with the educational program.

The Department has recently broadened the way it provides support to kindergartens to ensure it responds to the unique circumstances of each service and targets CALD children and families with the highest needs.

Find out more about the program and how to apply here


Bicultural Support for Supported Playgroups

For Playgroups who have received the Department of Education and Training one-off funding to include Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) families in Supported Playgroups, FKA Children’s Services (fkaCS) can assist in playgroup engagement and outcomes.

We have a 'pool' of Bilingual Workers in a range of locations across Victoria, speaking languages other than English that are common within the community. 

Bilingual Workers can assist Playgroup Facilitators who do not have a shared language with the family/ies attending the service to effectively communicate and engage in the playgroup. Read more

Download the Supported Playgroups Booking Request form here or contact fkaCS for more information on 03 9428 4471 or email biculturalsupport@fka.org.au


Parent/Guardian Permission: Please note it is the ECEC service's responsibility to seek permission from parents/guardians to access Bicultural Support.  


Related links: