Bicultural Support Consultancy
fkaCS Bicultural Support Consultancy deepens educators' capacity in the provision of culturally competent pedagogy and the ability to engage meaningfully with children and families for whom there is no shared language.
This is achieved through coaching, training, resource development and advice including:
- Specialist pedagogical support and advice with regard to the cultural context and rights-based framework underpinning the EYLF, VEYLDF and NQS
- Language/literacy development advice and support for children with English as an additional language, including the importance of maintaining the home language
- Undertaking a capacity-building approach and assisting services to identify underlying professional learning need/s
- Directly linking pedagogy and practice to NQF to ensure a meaningful, sustainable approach
- Enabling educator capacity to translate this into practice
- Supporting educators and services to deepen their understanding, through critical reflection, provocation and an ongoing cycle of continuous improvement.
In addition, fkaCS Consultants manage the liason between Bilingual Workers and the Early Childhood Education and Care services by:
- Identifying targeted strategies for the service and the Bilingual Worker to maximise outcomes
- Ensuring the Bilingual Worker enhances the relationship between educator and child/family rather than replacing it
- Providing support and role-modelling for Bilingual Workers to undertake their role.
Fiona, an Early Childhood Educator, speaks about her experience with fkaCS Bicultural Support
Fiona discusses how Bicultural Support helped her to support the child's sense of identity, belonging and wellbeing.